Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

This year is my second year of Mother's Day! :) But this year, I have two lovelies <3
I got an early gift from Antonio about 2 weeks ago. My small hair straightener broke so he bought me a new one. How sweet!

I woke up after I nursed my littlest one and made breakfast for everyone. That's right, I made everyone breakfast on mother's day. It really wasn't too big of a deal, and let's be real.. my husband isn't that good of a cook. What average man is, right?

Anyways, I made pancakes, eggs, and sausage patties. I also put some strawberry slices on everyones plate. :)

Every year, I try to figure out something new to get my mom for Mother's Day. I didn't want to get her flowers in a vase because I figured she has enough (good thing too because she thinks the 3 she has is too much lol!). So I searched Pinterest (oh hail Pinterest!!!!!!!).

I didn't really find anything that was at my age level... I don't think finger painting is as cute from me at my age anymore LOL.
So I just cae up with my own idea:


I went to WalMart and picked up a few things:
A flower pot, some pretty flowers, white paint, and those cute little wooden bugs. I had my own sponge paint brushes, glue gun, and potting soil.

All I did was give the flower put a few coats of white. I realized I didn't wave anything to make it water proof, so I just kinda experimented with some Water Proofer spray that Antonio had bought for his shoes. I don't know if that will help or not... so I just told my mom it's probably best if it stays inside in a window or on her porch where the rain can't get to it.
Then I hot glued on the wood bugs and put some soil and the flowers in the pot after it all dried.


It turned out pretty good and very whimsical :)
I think the flowers look really pretty with the butterfly and dragon fly.
It's very colorful.

Total, I think it all costed about no more than $15.





I hope all you moms had a lovely Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment